What post(s) would you like the most?

Monday 14 January 2013

DIY Peter Pan Collars!♥

Hey Everyone!

So,recently I posted some pictures (below) of a little crafty project I did over the weekend...Peter Pan Collars!
Burgandy felt with Black flower sequins and a couple of beads!
Black Felt with Bronze sequins!
Cream Felt with Rose Gold and silver flat-backed pearls!




 After posting those pictures on instagram some poeple asked me how I did it, yes, I have a youtube channel but I didn't feel like posting a video about it so I thought i would create this!

So, Here's what you need;

  • Scissors-you can use fabric scissors but I just used normal scissors.
  • Felt- just the normal felt that we used as kids! you can get whatever colour you want, mine was 50p per sheet from hobbycraft.
  • Glue- dont use pva glue as this wont stick! I used an all purpose clear extra strong glue from bostick which can be found at hobbycraft aswell but i got mine at Tesco.
  • Decorations- I used all the ones in the picture below.

These can all be purchased again,from Hobbycraft
They all cost under £1. I used flatbacked pearls,sequins,flower
sequins and small pearl beads.


  • Ribbon- You can use whatever colour you want again I used hot pink organza ribbon and for 3m it cost £1 from Hobbycraft again.
Template- I used this one- http://desireandinspire.com/diy-peter-pan-collar-necklace/









Okay, so to start off you need to cover whatever surface you're working on. I was working on my desk and I just taped down 3 pieces of paper.

the felt peter pan collar

  1. Cut out your template and fold it in half.
  2. Fold your choice of felt in half and place the fold of the template on the fold of the felt.
  3. For this step you can either trace around the template then cut it out or pin the template down the cut it out or as I did stick it down with double-sided tape then cut it out, the tape comes off of the felt really easily.
  4. Once you have your felt peter pan collar, choose your method of decoration.
  5. If you want a specific pattern on your collar then lay it out before you start sticking it down.
  6. Stick down your pattern if you like it! 
  7. Leave it to dry! the glue I used (down) drys pretty fast and I had my radiator on so I left the collar on the radiator for about 5 minutes.
  8. Measure your ribbon, I just wrapped mine around my neck once then cut that in half.
  9. the piece of felt over the ribbon
    (step 10.)
    the pattern I layed out before sticking it down.
  10. When your collar is completley dry and you have your 2 even pieces of ribbon, turn your collar around and glue on the ribbon.
10. This step is optional but after i had stuck on the ribbon i cut out a small rectangle from the same colour felt and stuck that on top of the ribbon, this isn't nessecary but it was more comfortable on your neck and also looks better (see above for an example!)

a close up of the pearl one,I done 2 little flowers:)
the sequin one I made,I put
every sequin on seperatley!




 the glue I used.
So, if you make any I want you to post a picture on instagram tag me @sophiesphotos and use the hashtag #sophiescollars :)

I promise that if you do those things and tag me I will like and comment on the picture:)

Thanks for reading guys and let me know on instagram if there are any other posts you want me to do!

Lots Of Love♥
Sophie♥♥
a close up of the black flower sequin one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment